Friday, February 6, 2009

Meme time!

Sweet T tagged me for this meme -- how could I resist?

The Rules

Step 1: respond and rework—answer the questions on your own blog, replace one question that you dislike with a question of your own invention, add one more question of your own.
Step 2: tag other un-tagged people.

Make a list of things you can see without getting up:
A lamp from Target (missing a few beads from the shade), a couple of library books, a stack of journal articles, my piano, my bookshelf, Econo Boy's desk, and the sad little Kyocera cell phone I had to return to using after my beloved Krazr crapped out on me. (Only 3 more months before it's time for a new contract!)

Favorite Etsy Shop:
Oh man, what a challenge! I adore Damselle's vintage jewelry.

What are you wearing right now?
A warm fleece, a t-shirt, and gray slacks. It's the "I'm working from home and it's cold" look.

What color are the eyes of the person you love most in the world?
Blue (the Cary Brothers' "Blue Eyes" always makes me think of him!)

What’s the last thing you read/are currently reading?
Ignoring work-related books, I'm in the middle of A Play of Isaac by Margaret Frazer.

What is the last thing you cooked?
I made pulled chicken BBQ sandwiches -- they turned out OK, although the sauce was not nearly thick enough.

What is your favorite restaurant of all time?
I'll name three: Rioja and Bistro Vendome in Denver (they are sister restaurants, both phenomenal), and 44 & X in New York City. I've eaten at each one only once, but they were three of the best meals I've ever eaten.

What’s your current obsession/addiction?

I'm going to out myself as a major geek with this one: beating Final Fantasy IV on the Nintendo DS.

What was the last gift you gave?
A bottle of wine, for my Dad.

What are you listening to right now?

The soft humming of the computer ... OK, now I've put on some music. "Buzzer" by Dar Williams.

What movie do you know every word to?

"LA Confidential." Also, "Beauty and the Beast" (and yes, that includes the songs).

If you could have any super power, what would it be?
I'm with Sweet T, I'd go for teleportation in a minute. I would give anything to be able to blink myself to Colorado or France or Italy whenever I wanted, without having to plop down hundreds of dollars for the privilege of spending hours in an airport.

What is your most challenging goal right now?

Remaining calm and serene while Econo Boy is on the job market and I'm juggling my own work.

If you could have a house–totally paid for, fully furnished–anywhere in the world, where would you want it to be?
Anywhere Econo Boy and I could both have jobs! Sure, having no mortgage makes living costs less expensive, but we still need to eat.

Where is your ideal vacation?

Prague. Or maybe a beach somewhere in the Caribbean. Or Tuscany.

Name one thing you just can’t resist no matter how bad it is for you

The salsa-cheese dip I made for the Super Bowl. I'm eating the last of it as I speak.

If you could meet anyone famous - dead or alive - who would it be?
Michelle Obama. She's a successful woman with what appears to be a very strong marriage, and I'd love to talk to her about her experiences and how she and Barack make it all work with two high-powered careers and two gorgeous little girls.

If you could have any job in the world, what would it be?
A television writer on a wry, clever dramedy -- think "Freaks and Geeks" or "Gilmore Girls" in the early seasons.

You see a cute baby, what is your reaction?
"Awww, little baby!"

Your favorite day spent in another country?
I took a bus from Florence to Siena, through the gorgeous Tuscan countryside. I toured the cathedral and then sat on the Piazza del Campo in the sunlight. Later that night I met my college roommate and we had dinner at an adorable restaurant back in Florence.

If your life could have a soundtrack? Name a song on it–
"It's Alright" by Dar Williams.

Which literary character most resembles yourself?
At times I feel like Anne Elliot from Persuasion, trying to balance the multiple insanities of various family members.

If you were an animal, you'd be:
A cat -- independent and resourceful and playful.

And I shall tag Ruthie and Apricot!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yikes! I'll get on that :)